Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 03- A picture of you and your friends


WOW I was so waiting for this day. A picture of me and my friends. I new when I read the list which picture I was going to use. No Questions, its the one I see every day. It's my desktop at work. It sunny, with water, a lighthouse (I love lighthouses) and its from my vacation. See the last 2 years I've gone on vacation in May to Miami and boarded a boat with 2000 of my dear friends, OK well I may not know all 2000 but hey we are all there for one thing and one thing only, or maybe 5! NKOTB yes the boys of our childhood dreams. New Kids On The Block! Danny, Donnie, Jordan Jon & Joe, on a boat for 4 days with us! It's some of my favorite times. It's something I will always remember.

It's the reason I have 3 of these friends. See the first year I went on the annual cruise, there was a pre-cruise concert. Standing in line my friend Fitzy and I met 3 of the most amazing people. There's Shauna, Lizzy, & Jackie. We had an amazing time that night, and on the boat, though we didn't see too much of each other that year. But once we were back home... Hello Twitter it is amazing what you can do with 140 characters, you can build the most amazing friendships.

Over the course of a year, with Twitter, e-mails, and facebook, we became close, we are each others support network, listeners, advice givers, shoulders to cry on, person to rant to. We have moved across country and back, weathered floods, new jobs, interview, boys, concerts, and cruise bookings. I am so glad I have these 3 in my world. I can't imagine what life would be like if Wendy and I had gotten into line 10 minutes earlier or later. Where would I be?

Lets just say the reason I went back on that cruise had nothing to do with those 5 very hot amazingly talented men, NOPE, It was all about my girls! I wanted to see them, we're spread across 2 countries, 140 characters does a lot but being on the boat sure beats it.

So am I going again? No sadly my budget does not allow for this. But I along with Shauna (OK i have not asked but I am sure she will be) Will be with them in spirit. I know they are going to have a blast. They will send me pictures after they get home. If I am lucky I may even get a post card. (Hint Hint) Shauna and I will spend the weekend sending each other 140 characters of fun filled tweets, pictures to bring back memories, and listening to all our favorite songs!

I may not be on that boat with them but I will be saving up my money. Cause I need to plan my next trip down south. Granted it won't be as far as Miami, but It will be to a place I've never been, and it will be exciting, and it will involve my favorite Twins. So New York better get ready cause It's a lot closer, and will cost me lots less.

Then I'm gonna have to figure out, exactly how long does it take to drive from Ottawa to Wyoming? With a stop in Jersey on the way!! Cause you know we will need a reunion sometime sooner rather then later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment